Tuesday 6 June 2017

#30DaysWild Day 6 - Rain!


The weather was the wildest thing about today, with it blowing a gale and pouring with rain.


On our walk to school we tried to count slugs and snails, but even they were hiding from the rain. We only saw a couple, which is much less than we'd usually find, even on a dry day.
Very few snails out braving the weather this morning
When I got home, I had a quick walk around the garden to check everything was OK after all the wind and rain. I found a couple of snails hiding in the radishes, so rehomed them to the nettle patch and pulled up some radishes for my lunch.

They were delicious, but I still don't want the snails to eat them!
 
 
The pond was filling up nicely and the tadpoles were looked very happy to be out in the rain.
 

 
I was soaked through by this point and had had enough of the wild weather for one day, so I headed indoors for a cup of tea, to watch the bedraggled birds on the feeders.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment