Tuesday 20 May 2014

A snapshot of what's around in the garden today


I have treated myself to a new camera, so here's a snapshot of some of the wildlife I could find in the garden in the last half hour...

   The Rooks and Jackdaws can't resist bread, so they've put in another appearance.


It's a bit of a spooky shot of the Rook flying away, but I thought it was quite interesting, so have posted it. If nothing else you can see his massive wingspan.
 

The Jackdaws remind me of little dogs with their fluffy grey heads. Except they really do have very beady eyes!

Here's a few shots of some of the other birds that are always around the garden.

Mr Sparrow looking very handsome
 
Mrs Sparrow looking very fluffed up
A Sparrow and Woodpigeon hanging out on the roof of the house
A Starling on the roof - looks like he's just had a bath

Here's one of our many squirrels, who loves to steal all the peanuts and bury them in my plant pots. 



And finally, a Dandelion and an Allium - just because they're pretty!
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment