- Best news of all this month was that BBOWT managed to raise enough money to buy Yoesden Bank and preserve this fantastic habit for the amazing array of wildflowers, butterflies and wildlife that can be found there.
- October has been the month for fungi, more fungi and even more fungi. We've had lots of fun hunting through the woods to see what weird and wonderful things we can find growing.
- A family of Long-Tailed Tits swept through the garden and stayed on the bird feeders for a few minutes. They have to be one of the cutest birds around.
- All the lovely signs of Autumn have been a definite highlight. It's such a great time of year when the leaves start to turn and there are berries and seeds everywhere and conkers all over the ground.
- The Red Kites have been hanging around a lot and can often be seen sat in the trees in the neighbourhood gardens, swooping overhead and making their high pitched whistling call. We even got them to take food off the lawn which was very exciting.
- And finally, we've been looking to the skies a lot this month, with a Hunter's Moon, stormy skies and dramatic sunsets.
Monday, 3 November 2014
Some of our best bits this month: