- We finished our trip to Ireland, searching for (but not finding) a White-Tailed Sea Eagle
- We put the moth trap out a few times and caught lots of moths. Favourites have to be the Burnished Brass, Autumn Thorn and the 'Bird-poo' moths. We also caught a black and orange Sexton Beetle and lots of Daddy Long Legs.
- Autumn arrived in the Chilterns, with lots of berries and seeds everywhere. We found a lovely Juniper bush full of berries and some Chiltern Gentian.
- Whiteleaf Cross was cleaned and looks great now
- A pair of red kites have been spending a lot of time in our garden and our neighbours gardens. Fingers crossed for the squawk of fluffy little red kite chicks in the spring!
- Bug Mad girl spotted a Greater Spotted Woodpecker and 2 Jays whilst out walking - both very exciting!
- There have been lots of lovely fungus around, although it's been so dry in September that I think there will be an explosion of fungi as soon as we get a bit of rain.
Saturday, 4 October 2014
September has seen Autumn start to make its presence felt. Bug Mad Girl went back to school, but we've still found time to have plenty of fun, including: