Tuesday 14 October 2014

Oh rats!

I was sat in the dining room, when what looked like a big, fat hamster wandered onto the patio and started chewing on a bit of string (the squirrels had chewed through the string, made off with a half coconut shell full of suet, then thrown the string away!) I was a bit surprised to see a hamster, but it was too small to be a rat and too big (and the wrong shape) to be a mouse. It didn't seem to care that I was there watching it and just ignored me.


I took some photos and after looking a bit more closely I think it's big, long tail gives it away and it must be a baby rat! It does look very cute, but now I think we officially have a rat problem.

#100DaysOfNature Day 83
Later on in the day I saw one of the parents sat on a bird feeder eating the peanuts. I wondered how he was going to get down, but he just walked off the feeder into the bush and disappeared.


I'm not quite sure what to do about them, but I would quite like them to go and live somewhere else. Think we'll have to stop feeding the birds for a couple of weeks and see if the rats move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment