- The orchids started to bloom and we had a real treat at Bernwood Meadows where we were 'wowed' by ancient meadows full of Green-winged Orchids. We found Early Purple Orchids hiding under a Hawthorn bush at Aston Rowant Nature reserve and hunted down some tiny, but beautiful Fly Orchids at Dancersend.
- We got up really early for a 5am walk around College Lake to celebrate International Dawn chorus Day.
- We had a lot of fun taking photos of toy animals, trying to make them look like they were wild animals.
- Saw incredibly rare Duke of Burgundy butterflies and spotted our first Painted Lady of the year on the top of Whiteleaf Hill.
|Duke of Burgundy|
- We saw Green Hairstreaks, Slow-worms, Roman Snails and a Glow-worm larvae eating a snail - all on a trip to Aston Clinton Ragpits.
- We found owl pellets, that we took home and dissected.
- We joined a guided walk around Warburg nature reserve and saw an amazing eight orchids in flower, including Lesser and Greater Butterfly Orchids, Bird's-nest Orchids and Fly Orchids.